As part of the Entertainment Staff the Host DJ acts as both an Activity Host and a DJ, responsible for engaging our guests and creating a fun and entertaining environment. The Host DJ reports to the Entertainment Director. The Pro DJ and Musical Director will also give direction.
Your job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Create an environment where guests will enjoy participating in scheduled events including themed opening hours in the Nightclub; building the energy for the Pro DJ
- Maintain exemplary timekeeping with accurate and theme appropriate venue set ups.
- Shadow the Pro DJ on scheduled events to improve hosting and DJ mixing techniques.
- Meet regularly with Pro DJ to improve knowledge on equipment usage, new music, and crate building.
- DJ for welcome back on board pier party, embarkation, and nightclub as required.
- Build working knowledge of Serato & the DJ Equipment.
- Engage guests energetically and enthusiastically.
- Assist with sales & the operation of revenue events such as Bingo & Deal Or No Deal.
- Host and participate in different events such as Trivia, Bingo, Deck Parties and other events.
- Work with Charters and Groups.
- Responsible for set-up, break-down, and cleaning of DJ equipment as required.
- Occasionally assist with show watch and crowd control as well as backstage support.
- Host and DJ for Weddings as required.
- May assist with Skycourse, Bolt, Skyzone & Skyride Operations.
- Actively participate in assigned activities including, but not limited to trainings, drills, safety briefings, including “Port Manning”, meetings, and performances as required.
- Possess a high-energy/enthusiastic attitude and willingness to learn.
- Basic to intermediate microphone skills & ability to converse fluently in English.
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work as a part of a team & adapt to change.
- Strong timekeeping and time management skills.
- Ability to display a fun and outgoing personality on and off the stage.
- Ability to display showmanship during hosted activities and DJ sets.
- Basic to Intermediate knowledge of Open Format DJing style (Latin, Caribbean, Top 40, Hip-Hop, RNB, Motown, 70s&80s, Top 40).
- Basic to Intermediate DJ equipment knowledge (Rane, Pioneer, Shure, MacBook Pro, Serato).
- Basic to Intermediate troubleshooting skills on DJ equipment, peripherals and MacBook Pro.
- Applicable experience in host/emcee protocol for Weddings, Resorts, Cruise Ship or similar venues is preferred.
- Demonstrate ability to read the crowd and adjust DJ set to accommodate a variety of demographics.
- Ability to play age and venue appropriate music (Deck/Lounge vs Nightclub).
- Resume outlining previous employment, performing or related experience in PDF or Word Doc format.
- Links to demo reels that demonstrate skills as a DJ host including:
- Demonstration of microphone skills, on/off stage
- Demonstrate ability to provide high energy and fun entertainment
- Demonstrate stage personality
- Interaction with audience
- Past performances.
- If you do not have videos of past stage performances please create a video demonstrating the skills mentioned above.
- Promotional photo.